Rez Minincings

After I came back fron Nam i was hurting inside so one sunday I found myself in St Marys Episcopal church, back then the women sat on on side and the men on one side, they were in need of a Lay Reader and they all looked at me, so i had to "volunteer." I became a Lay Reader, didn't know nothing about what I was to do, but I showed up for three years and held services when Father Selwyn wasn't there, Charlie Two Star was my organist, when he didn't show up, I had to start to sing the hymns in Dakota, then the people would join in, one of the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life....

Patricia Roth, Tami Seiber, Carrie Backman and 21 others like this.


    • Fern Renville That's a cool story! Destiny (Creator) finds us and takes us where we need to go.
      11 hours ago · · 2
    • 11 hours ago · · 2
    • Sylvana Flute Nice:) maybe it's time to go back to lay reading? Churches are always in need!
      11 hours ago · · 1
    • Lesley Kampeska Thats a really good story. I like that.smiles..
      11 hours ago · · 1
    • Martin Brokenleg I wonder if you realized what a blessing you were to those folks then.
      10 hours ago ·
    • Joyce Pickthorn That makes me SMILE!! The Lord works in strange ways and he new you needed him and you accepted. Thank you for keeping us safe while serving in Vietnam Nam and thank for serving our LORD!!! You are a GOOd person!!!!
      2 hours ago · · 1

No comments:

Post a Comment